We welcome all swimmers, 10 years old and upwards, as long as you can swim 400m! If you are new to Open Water Swimming, are out-of-practice or need a confidence boost we highly recommend you start with our Introduction to Open Water Swimming course. The course is very informative about safely open water swimming in lakes & other types of locations. The sessions are a great way to meet other new swimmers and offer the potential to find swimming buddies. It is well documented that cold water swimming can boost the immune system, improve circulation and reduce stress.
Please click here to create your SHAC account to start Open Water Swimming with us at the SHAC Lagoon at Buckland Park near Reigate.
The swim course at The Lagoon is a 400m loop and is ideal for experienced open water swimmers and beginners alike. The course is set out so that swimmers are no further than 15m away from the safety of the bank at any point and is watched over by our team of RLSS Open Water Lifeguards making it one of the safest open water swim venues in the country. Commune with nature whilst you achieve personal goals, shed pounds and meeting like minded open water enthusiasts.
- All swimmers under 16 are required to wear a wetsuit & tow float. All swimmers over 16 must either wear a bright hat or tow float. We have hats and tow floats for sale and hire from The Beach SHAC.
- All swimmers must keep their distance from other swimmers and to sight/lift head regularly, pass on the inside
- Non-participating public are not allowed on the beach
- Swimmers must be over 10 years old
- Swimmers must be logged into the system and have a band before entering the water
Open Water Swimming Stroke Analysis:
Whatever your current swimming ability there is always room to improve & become the most efficient swimmer that you can be. If you are looking to improve your Open Water Swimming technique we can arrange a Stroke Analysis session on either a 1:1 or 1:2 basis with one of our OW swimming coaches. They will identify parts of your stroke that could be adjusted to improve your technique and efficiency and teach you how to implement the necessary changes. Please contact us to book 1:1, 2:1 and private group training for all abilities.