The SHAC’s Privacy and Data Protection Policy
We take your privacy and security extremely seriously and recognise that this is a major concern for the majority of our customers. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you.
Who we are:
Our site is www.theshac.co.uk the company name is The Surrey Hills Adventure Company, with registered office at 16 Evelyn Cottages, Abinger Common, Dorking, Surrey RH5 6JE
You may give us information about yourself when purchasing an “experience” on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use Our Site, and when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give us may include your name, your child’s name, address, email address and phone number, and medical details.
When you register to purchase services, adventures or products through The SHAC we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, medical conditions and contact details. The SHAC then keeps a record of this information. This means we can deal with any queries or problems you may have, and also so we can ensure that any information that we send to you is relevant.
We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems or concerns you’ve had with our services.
If you contact The SHAC by telephone we may record data from the conversation and use that call for future training or business purposes. This includes, without limitation, use for the purpose of dispute resolution and/or complaints management.
We may also ask you questions at registration, and from time to time by email, that will give us information that will be used to improve your experience of using www.theshac.co.uk You do not have to answer these questions, but if you do we can communicate with you in a more relevant way.
We use secure payment gateways when you pay via our website. When you pay through the website we do not see your card details, or store these at all. When we take payments over the phone, any card details taken are used once only and then destroyed. All procedures are PCI compliant.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information you submit to us on Our Site at any time
- a record of any correspondence between us
- details of your visits to Our Site and the resources you us
Please note that we do not share customer details with any third parties without your consent.
- Analysing how you use the site
- Giving you a better, more personalised experience
- Recognising when you’ve signed in
Read on to find out more about the different kinds of cookie we use. If you like you can turn cookies on or off here.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies let you use all the different parts of the SHAC website. Without them, services that you’ve asked for can’t be provided. Also, we collect data from you to help us understand how people are using the SHAC website, so we can make it better. We currently use Google analytics to do this but we may change supplier from time to time. These analytics services are anonymous – they don’t tell us who you are.
- Functional cookies: These help us personalise the SHAC website to you by remembering your preferences and settings.
- Performance cookies: These help us make sure that the website is working properly and fix any errors. And they let us try out different ideas.
We may use information about you to:
- present site content effectively to you
- provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you carry out our contracts with you
- tell you our charges
- tell you about other goods and services that might interest you.
If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
If you do not want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe from our mailing list or email /phone us to ask to be removed
We will not transfer your collected data to storage outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA).
By giving us your personal data to fulfil your order or to allow us to provide services to you, we will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our reasonable efforts.
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
if we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer
we can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights
we can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by contacting us at any time at email@example.com . The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see information we hold about you.
The SHAC maintains publicly facing pages on social media sites, social networking sites, internet postings and blogs (“Social Media Sites”). By posting any content related directly or indirectly to The SHAC on any Social Media Sites on the internet, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms.