Open Water Swimming at The SHAC
£10 per swim*
Open Water Swimming at The SHAC
£10 per swim*
*Buy 10, get 2 free!
Enjoy 12 open water swims for the price of 10. When you book and pay for 10 swims in a single transaction we will credit your SHAC Account account with £20 for you to enjoy 2 free swims on us.
Manage bookings in your SHAC account where open water swimming sessions can be moved to a different sessions up to 48 hours prior to their start time.
£100 = 12 sessions
The Surrey Hills Adventure Company welcomes swimmers of all abilities and we are happy to help you get started if you are new to Open Water Swimming (summer) and Cold Water Swimming (winter). Our swim course at the SHAC Lagoon at Buckland Park Lake near Reigate, is a 400m loop and is ideal for experienced open water swimmers and beginners alike. During our Cold Water swim season, when the water temperature is below 10 degrees, this is reduced to a 200m loop to ensure the safety of our swimmers in colder conditions. We also have 2.5km loop which we open up for our Big Swim Series. Each course is set out so that swimmers are no further than 15m away from the safety of the bank at any point and is watched over by our team of RLSS Open Water Lifeguards making it one of the safest open water swim venues in the UK.
If you are out of practice, need a confidence boost or are new to Open Water Swimming, we strongly recommend you start with our Introduction to Open Water Swimming course. Whilst our Introduction to Cold Water Swimming and Immersion course is essential for those planning on swimming in colder conditions and is available to book from October onwards.
To easily manage your swim sessions, click here to create your free SHAC Account and start Open Water Swimming with us at the SHAC Lagoon, Surrey.
And don’t worry about having all the right equipment for your swim session, we have a fully-stocked swim shop at the Lagoon at Buckland Park with hats, gloves, booties, wetsuits, dry robes etc available for whenever the need arises. Our experienced team will support you and encourage you to listen to your own body in order to make an informed decision about what neoprene protection you might choose to wear.
Summer Swim Timetable
|8 → 11am||8 → 11am||5 → 8pm||8 → 11am||5 → 8pm||8 → 11am|
Winter Swim Timetable
|8 → 11am||8 → 11am||4 → 6pm (Oct)||8 → 11am||4 → 6pm (Oct)||8 → 11am|
Read this before you Book
- All swimmers under 16 are required to wear a wetsuit & tow float. All swimmers over 16 must either wear a bright hat or tow float, available for sale and hire from The Beach SHAC.
- All swimmers must keep their distance from other swimmers and to sight/lift head regularly, pass on the inside
- Non-participating public are not allowed on the beach
- Swimmers must be over 10 years old and be able to swim 400m
- Swimmers must be logged into the system and have a band before entering the water
Why Choose Open Water Swimming?
Open water swimming not only helps to keep you fit but provides a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Here, at the SHAC, we believe that openw water swimming is an excellent way to:
- Reconnect with Nature: Surround yourself with the tranquillity of nature, enjoying breath-taking lake views and wildlife encounters.
- Enhance Fitness: Experience a full-body workout that challenges your endurance and strength, all while improving cardiovascular health.
- Mental Well-being: The sense of freedom and connection to nature can have profound positive effects on your mental well-being.
Our Cold Water Lake Swimming Sessions
Throughout autumn and winter, the SHAC offers a range of cold water lake swimming sessions tailored to your preferences and experience level. Our seasoned instructors will guide you through every step, ensuring a safe and memorable experience.
- Session Types: Choose from various session types, including an introduction to cold water swimming, training sessions, and even night swims under the stars.
- Safety First: Your safety is our priority. We follow strict safety protocols and have all the right equipment to buy from our onsite swim shop.
- Community: Join fellow swimmers who share your passion, make new friends, and become part of our supportive community that shares tips, experiences, and a love for the open water.
If you’re new to the world of open water swimming, haven’t been in the water for a while, or simply seek a confidence boost, we strongly suggest considering our Spring and Summer Introduction to Open Water Swimming course. For those keen on swimming from October onwards, our Introduction to Cold Water Swimming and Immersion program is an essential choice. Both courses offer invaluable insights into the safe practice of wild swimming in various aquatic environments. Cold water immersion boasts potential health benefits such as immune system enhancement, improved circulation, and stress reduction, not to mention the opportunity to connect with fellow swimmers and make new friends with a like-minded community.
Don’t just take our word for it… See for yourself!
Easily find us
The SHAC Lagoon can be found inbetween Reigate and Dorking, just off the Reigate Road (A240)