The Big Swim Series
May – September
£25 per person
Read this before you Book
- All swimmers under 16 are required to wear a wetsuit & tow float. All swimmers over 16 must either wear a bright hat or tow float, available for sale and hire from The Beach SHAC.
- All swimmers must keep their distance from other swimmers and to sight/lift head regularly, pass on the inside
- Non-participating public are not allowed on the beach
- Swimmers must be over 10 years old and be able to swim 400m
- Swimmers must be logged into the system and have a band before entering the water
Our non competitive Big Swim challenge is for all-comers! Please bring a tow float – we only have a few for hire.
A 2.5km swim loop around the the big lake at Buckland Park Lake, beautiful clear and clean water in a stunning location. We have limited numbers and waved beach start to avoid any congestion in the water to create a chilled out and relaxed environment from the start.
Good to know…….
- Qualified Safety team on duty throughout the swim.
- Tow floats are required on all swimmers (we have some available to hire £5.00)
- Confident swimming background required
- Over 16’s only.
- The May Big Swim is wetsuit-mandatory because of water temperature. June, July, August, September – wetsuits not required. We have them available to hire £10.00 on the day.