You can only book a Freeride session if you have already completed a SHAC Introduction to SUP Course. During a Freeride you can bring your own board or hire a board by the hour for a leisurely paddle, hone your skills, or lazily float about and take in the beautiful scenery of the Buckland Park Lake that surrounds you.
This gives you access to the big lake at the scheduled times. This Freeride ticket gives access to one person and is non-transferable. If you wish to bring additional paddlers, they will each need to purchase an entrance ticket to enter Buckland Park Lake at www.bucklandparklake.co.uk
|Freeride with Board Hire||1 hour session||£20|
|Freeride with Own Board||2 hour session||£20|
Get 6 sessions for the price of 5!
Available with or without board hire – simply select any 5 Freeride sessions from your SHAC account and get one free on us. Buckland Park Only.
Read this before you Book
- Every SUPer must attend a SHAC Introduction to Sup Course before booking a Freeride session and before getting access to the big lake at Buckland. This can also be achieved by booking a private Family and Friends Intro to SUP Session or a Junior SUP Club course as appropriate. This applies to everyone, even those with own boards. This ensures that you can self rescue before you embark on your SUP adventure with us.
- Freeride SUP and Introduction sessions are suitable for paddlers aged 16 & above. Family and Friends sessions and 1 to 1 sessions have no minimum age limit, so long as paddlers are water confident and can swim 25m - same rules for Junior SUP Club except minimum age is 8 years old.
- Children must be accompanied on the water at all times by a responsible adult unless they are being coached 1 to 1 by us or taking part in Junior SUP Club
- Wetsuits aren’t essential during the warmer months but are available to hire on the day
- Every Freeride paddler must be checked in with a band
- Personal Floating Devices /buoyancy aids must be used on ALL under 16’s
- Any under 16’s going onto the big lake at Buckland must be accompanied by an adult both of which must have done intro and self rescue.
- Only one person per board at all times