The SHAC’s Terms and Conditions
1. General Issues
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the booking of the SHAC Activities (the ‘Activities”) and any ancillary products at the location set out in the SHAC’s booking confirmation.
- These Terms and Conditions contain important information concerning participation by you and members of your party and, accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that you shall ensure that all members of your party are aware of and accept these Terms and Conditions.
- No variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by the SHAC.
- Any typographical clerical or other error or omission in any booking confirmation or other documentation issued by the SHAC (including any electronic documentation) shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the SHAC.
- the SHAC reserves the right to make changes to the Activities whether to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or otherwise.
2. Booking Confirmation
- No booking shall be deemed to have been accepted unless accepted in writing by the SHAC (which shall include the SHAC’s email confirmation of booking).
- You must advise the SHAC as soon as possible of any mistake in the SHAC’s booking confirmation. the SHAC shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that you and your party’s participation commences at the time booked and it shall be the responsibility of each participant to ensure that they arrive in sufficient time. Late arrivals may not be permitted to undertake the Activities and no refunds or compensation will be payable in such circumstances.
- The SHAC reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Activities or to remove a participant from the Activities should it deem it necessary to do so. This includes a participant who does not comply with the safety rules and advice and the safety system or who is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- In the case of watersports, a participating adult must accompany under 16 year olds. One adult is permitted to supervise a maximum of two where under 16 years old. Participating adults are required to accept a Risk Acknowledgement and Disclaimer stating that he or she will accept responsibility for the safety of him or herself and for supervision of children in his or her care.
- All participants must be reasonably fit and healthy, meet the minimum age limits set out in our FAQS, and in the case of watersports, must weigh less than 20.5 stones/130kg. Please note this further information on weight restrictions. Anyone who does not meet these requirements will not be allowed to undertake the Activities. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party meet these requirements.
- Watersports Activities may be physically demanding and require a degree of agility, strength and stamina. If participants are in any doubt as to whether they should attempt the Activities they are advised to check with the SHAC before booking. If participants have medical concerns they are advised to consult their doctor in advance. Participants will be required to certify that they do not suffer from any medical condition which would make it more likely that they would be involved in any incident which could result in injury to themselves or others. Due to the physical nature of the Watersports Activities (excluding yoga) the SHAC recommends that pregnant women should not take part. Pregnant women who still wish to undertake the activities will be required to sign a disclaimer confirming that they are aware that there are risks to them and to their unborn child and that participation in the Activities is at their own risk.
- All participants are required to act responsibly and courteously at all times and to respect other participants. the SHAC shall be entitled to prevent any person from undertaking or completing the Activities in the event it deems the behaviour of any participant unsuitable.
- Participants must be dressed appropriately (see clause 4) and the SHAC reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Activities to any participant who is not appropriately dressed.
- The Activities will remain open in most weather conditions (but not in circumstances of gales, lightning, heavy ice or snow).
- No refunds or compensation will be payable by the SHAC in the event that any participant is not permitted to, or decides not to, undertake or complete the Activities for the reasons set out in this clause.
- Separate and specific advice on suitable clothing is provided on the FAQ Page of this website.
- It shall be the responsibility of all participants to ensure that they read the clothing advice provided.
- Participants must be dressed appropriately in accordance with our advice.
- The SHAC also advises participants to wear clothing appropriate for the weather conditions and which they do not mind getting damaged.
- Refunds for group bookings are dealt with under clause 6 below.
- For all other bookings, using your SHAC Account, you may cancel or re-schedule an individual booking up to 48hrs before your session, no refunds can be given after this time.
- The SHAC shall be entitled to cancel your booking at any time. In the event that the SHAC decides to cancel your booking it shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as possible. You shall be entitled to a full refund in the event of cancellation under this clause but no other compensation shall be payable.
- In the event that it proves necessary to close the Activities for reasons beyond the control of the SHAC and in circumstances where your party has commenced participation in the Activities, you shall not be entitled to any refund (in part or in whole). In such circumstances the SHAC may, but shall not be obliged to, offer alternative dates or times at reduced rates.
- Payments made by debit or credit card will be refunded to the same card or, if the card has subsequently expired, by cheque. Payments made by Gift Voucher will be refunded by the issuing of a replacement Gift Voucher to the same value.
- Where multiple forms of payment are used, the SHAC reserves the right to refund any monies due on a refund or amendment by credit or cheque.
6. Group Bookings
- For group bookings a minimum of 1 week’s notice must be given for a refund and requested at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event your booking is made via the SHAC’s Group Booking Form (the Form) these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to any special terms set out in the Form. In the event of any conflict between the terms herein and the terms set out in the Form the latter shall prevail.
7. Price and Payment
- Subject to any terms agreed in writing between the SHAC and you, our charges shall be calculated at our current rates and payment in full shall be due at the time of booking. The charges include the cost of purchasing the Activities. Payment may be made by debit or credit card online or by arranging to pay separately by mutual agreement in advance by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, when a person or persons participate in our Activities or use any Products supplied by ourselves, the SHAC shall not be responsible for any injury or illness sustained or suffered by them and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to clothing or any personal belongings however caused.
- Parking facilities are available at the site, and any vehicles are left at the owners’ risk and subject to any conditions and the payment of any fees as may be required by the provider of such facilities at the site location.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions any liability of the SHAC shall be limited to the refund of any charges paid to the SHAC.
- Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions is intended to nor shall limit the liability of the SHAC in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the SHAC or of its employees, agents or contractors.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal invalid or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Nothing above shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the SHAC and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.