Front Crawl STROKE IMPROVEMENT COURSE
Read this before you Book
- All swimmers under 16 are required to wear a wetsuit & tow float. All swimmers over 16 must either wear a bright hat or tow float, available for sale and hire from The Beach SHAC.
- All swimmers must keep their distance from other swimmers and to sight/lift head regularly, pass on the inside
- Non-participating public are not allowed on the beach
- Swimmers must be over 10 years old and be able to swim 400m
- Swimmers must be logged into the system and have a band before entering the water
Front crawl is a key technique for any swimmer. This Stroke Improvement Course will re-examine how you position your body, its alignment in the water and your breathing You will then learn how to add-on arm stroke improvement and kick action. Gaining a deeper understanding of how this all works together improves the overall ability and enjoyment of the stroke. During this course of four, weekly, 45 minute sessions, you will work with our Team SHAC coaches to build on your learning and watch first-hand your own improvements. The course aims to make you feel more able and confident, enabling you to swim further, be more relaxed and if you choose, can also speed up your time and distances. The group is also a great opportunity to meet like-minded swimmers and find new swim buddies!
Course sessions take place on Fridays at 5pm and you can select either May or June/July dates as follows:
Course 1 May 6th. 13th, 20th, 27th
Course 2 June 10th, 17th, 24th and July 1st