Open Water Swim Racing Techniques with Team SHAC
£30 per person
If you are interested in finding out more about the skills and techniques used in open water Swim Events and Racing, then this session is for you. The workshop is great if you are looking to participate in swimming events or triathlons, possibly even racing and want to know more about how to improve your skills.
Led by qualified SHAC coaches with lots of experience of swimming events and races and a wealth of knowledge, the course will cover, but not limited to:
- Stroke technique and sighting
- Type of water entry – land and water starts
- Swimming in a tight group
- Buoy turns
- Dealing with nerves
- Weather conditions
- Joining team SHACs Swim Run event in October
- Opportunity to meet other people who are like-minded and potential swim event buddies
The sessions are 1hr long and cost £30.00 per person.
Read this before you Book
- All swimmers under 16 are required to wear a wetsuit & tow float. All swimmers over 16 must either wear a bright hat or tow float, available for sale and hire from The Beach SHAC.
- All swimmers must keep their distance from other swimmers and to sight/lift head regularly, pass on the inside
- Non-participating public are not allowed on the beach
- Swimmers must be over 10 years old and be able to swim 400m
- Swimmers must be logged into the system and have a band before entering the water
The Health Benefits of SUP
SUP is a low impact exercise and can therefore benefit those who are recovering from an injury as it offers a great cardiovascular and muscular workout whilst relieving joint pressure. SUP will also help to build up your balance. Not only will this mean you can apply this new skill to other sports and activities, you will strengthen your core helping you to maintain a better posture in general.
SUP is cross training as you are using almost every muscle in the body, simultaneously strengthening your muscles as well as aerobic training. The great thing about SUP is that it can be as intense or as relaxing as you want it to be, but for those looking to push themselves to the limit, that can absolutely be achieved. The cardio workout from SUP helps to burn calories, encourage weight loss and reduces your risk of heart attacks and strokes.
But the even better news is that the benefits of SUP are not limited to the body. The relaxation associated with SUP is a great form of stress release. AS we are aware stress can have many negative effects on the body but when you are out on the water, paddling in a calm environment, all of your troubles may disappear.