SUP Taster session
If you fancy trying Stand Up Paddleboarding or want to do something as a family during the school holidays then our 45 minute SUP Taster sessions are perfect for you. Sessions take place on the SHAC Lagoon at Buckland Park with basic beach instruction and no instructor on the water. Participants may be of any age as long as they can swim 25m. Under 12 year olds must be accompanied by an adult on the water.
£20 per person for 45min including board hire – 1 person only per board hire.
Full details and booking can be found here.
Read this before you Book
- Every SUPer must attend a SHAC Introduction to Sup Course before booking a Freeride session and before getting access to the big lake at Buckland. This can also be achieved by booking a private Family and Friends Intro to SUP Session or a Junior SUP Club course as appropriate. This applies to everyone, even those with own boards. This ensures that you can self rescue before you embark on your SUP adventure with us.
- Freeride SUP and Introduction sessions are suitable for paddlers aged 16 & above. Family and Friends sessions and 1 to 1 sessions have no minimum age limit, so long as paddlers are water confident and can swim 25m - same rules for Junior SUP Club except minimum age is 8 years old.
- Children must be accompanied on the water at all times by a responsible adult unless they are being coached 1 to 1 by us or taking part in Junior SUP Club
- Wetsuits aren’t essential during the warmer months but are available to hire on the day
- Every Freeride paddler must be checked in with a band
- Personal Floating Devices /buoyancy aids must be used on ALL under 16’s
- Any under 16’s going onto the big lake at Buckland must be accompanied by an adult both of which must have done intro and self rescue.
- Only one person per board at all times